Mindseed’s Mark McCarville and Patricia Moore met with the Minister of State for Training, Skills, Innovation, Research & Development, John Halligan, T.D., today (Wednesday June 19th) at the launch of Ireland’s first National Space Strategy for Enterprise 2019-2025 at DCU Alpha.
Mindseed welcomes the strategy’s recognition of the importance of linking space and ground technology:
The ability of Irish space-active companies to exchange technologies between space and non-space sectors, where technology synergies exist, will be key in developing a sustainable and agile industry.
The strategy sets out six goals that it aims to deliver by 2025:
- Double the space related revenue and employment in space-active Irish companies;
- Support 100 companies to benefit from ESA engagement;
- Double the value of contracts won through the EU Horizon programmes in space-related activities;
- Increase industry, public and international awareness of space and Ireland’s activities in space;
- Develop and attract talent for space-active and related industries;
- Develop a sustainable Earth Observation services sector based on advanced data analytics capability.
The delivery of these goals is underpinned by a target to increase Ireland’s overall public and private investment in ESA programmes by 50% by 2025.
Photo Left to Right: Patricia Moore, Mindseed; Minister John Halligan, Minister of State for Training, Skills, Innovation, Research & Development; Mark McCarville Mindseed.
Further press releases: